Thursday 4 December 2008

“Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm”

"Creature comfort goals
They only numb my soul and make it hard for me to see
My thoughts all seem to stray, to places far away
I need a change of scenery"


This is rather tragic (in the pathetic rather than sad way). Here I am, at 5.30 in the morning, but it's not insomnia, but the dreaded drip. It woke me up around 5am. I looked outside and the promised heavy snow was nowhere to be seen , but there was a little slush about, so where was the fuel for the 'telltale heart' style drip? Cue comedic scenes of me leaning out of various windows, and climbing ladders at 5am in my dressing gown and slippers , in a sub zero world - positive action! But I did track it down! finally! It appears the guttering has become misplaced causing all the drainage from the flat roof to gather at one spot and drip heavily against the side of the house. So I think I can hear only a faint version round at the front, the main event being against Billie's wall, and strangely directly over the damage to my dining room wall. I'm sure it's easily fixable (until I'm probably told it all needs replacing) . So the £1000 roof repair was jut a lucky (in maintenance , rather than monetary terms?) coincidence? read on...

(post script from later in the day - sadly you get nothing for free, and Mr.Roof wants another £60 to fix the guttering. Work will get done next week , here's hoping,but I told him he'll have to wait until after next payday for reparations. At least I'll be able to return to my usual woes,
C'est la vie!)




"-tear up the planks! --here, here! --it is the beating of his hideous heart!" - Edgar Allan Poe

No comments: