Friday 5 December 2008

“It is often the last key on the ring which opens the door”

I fell over just outside the hospital. It was about 7.10am, dark and very icy.
I'm officially useless.
I landed on my right arm, and couldn't feel my fingers until about 10am (sadly I was a 13 hour shift today.). I was in agony, but I couldn't go home due too fear for my job (see back issues for details of my Hospitals sick policy). One lady walked past and offered to help, but I said I'd probably just pull her over too, so she passed on by.

I have no idea how I got changed into my uniform. I attended physiotherapy (for my left shoulder, remember), but the physio said I was obviously too uncomfortable for any exercises. I did get a nice Consultant Surgeon to look at my arm tonight. He said it wasn't broken, small mercies.
That's that.



“All truly great thoughts are conceived while walking” - Frederick Nietzsche

No comments: