Tuesday 2 December 2008

"Knew a man who had a hole clean through his whole shoulder, once. Used to keep a spare hankie in there."

"Well it's been a year or so, and I want to go back again,
And if I get the money, well I'll ride the same old train."


Crikey I'm bored. Bored stupid (although I was already half way there).
I suppose that means I've stopped obsessing about the noise in my walls (no not delusions, just the mysterious dripping), at least until I'm lying in bed tonight, listening... listening... (use your imagination here).
I've no evidence that Mr. Roof even turned up, I tried ringing, but I think he may have blocked calls from my number (I am only joking by the way).
I went for my physio treatment today and amusingly whilst getting the pulse therapy, the consultation behind the next curtain turned out to be my Charge Nurse Michael, who just got back from Texas yesterday. I didn't say anything of course it would have been indiscreet.

I was toying with the idea of not going to the Christmas night out (in a fortnight). Demand is high for places and I could easily off load my place. However I realised that apart from my lonely sojourn to Glasgow, I had not had a night out since Barbara's bittersweet visit, all those long , long months ago (how I miss her, but , well, you know). So if I can find something for my horrendous frame to wear, I'm going. To quote Mal Reynolds , "no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave."




“There's no excuse to be bored. Sad, yes. Angry, yes. Depressed, yes. Crazy, yes. But there's no excuse for boredom, ever.” - Viggo Mortenson

No comments: