Thursday 4 December 2008

“He was part of my dream, of course - but then I was part of his dream too.”

"When logic and proportion,
Have fallen sloppy dead"


I've had a CD for months all wrapped up and ready to post. All that time it had a long, long heartfelt letter inside it. Then a few weeks ago, I shredded it. (for various reasons)
I wrote another letter, still full of regret, but less pleading, more resigned. Today I'd intended to post it, but at the eleventh hour I wrote a third letter, which was a schizophrenic blend of it's two antecedents. I was minutes from the post office, but I had a turnabout. The package sits on the desk in front of me, where it'll probably stay for a very very long time, the letter* unread, the music unplayed. Even if it had found a favourable audience, what would it change? Too much time has passed. I shredded that first long and florid letter for a reason, and that's never likely to change now is it?

I remain, as ever , a fool.





“When you are describing A shape, or sound, or tint; Don't state the matter plainly, But put it in a hint; And learn to look at all things With a sort of mental squint” - Lewis Carroll



*
(it also contained birthday greetings - Happy Birthday Barbara)

No comments: