Wednesday 29 October 2008

“Borrow trouble for yourself, if that's your nature, but don't lend it to your neighbours.”
- Rudyard Kipling

"And she feeds you tea and oranges
That come all the way from china"

Goodness
- back again after only four hours s
leep.
A very loud and ultimately persistent noise woke me up mid afternoon,
and when combined with the epic trek to answer the call of nature (i.e. it's a long way
to the toilet!), here I am!
My neighbours
must surely be up to something, either an epic DIY project, or they have the developed loudest vacuum cleaner in the world. As a bonus the endless bang bang against the wall, from their trampoline no less, shows no sign of stopping
, even in these almost sub zero days (I'll draw you a diagram someday).
Now I have the Mother of all headaches (Mother!), and it actually seems colder in here than out there (it's actually 15 degrees).
Yesterday, I had to stop typing, I was so annoyed with myself, and to a lesser extent the world. I made a mental note to leave the blog for a goodly while. Things always seem better the next day, at least until it gets dark again! Last night at work
was awful , and I dread the prospect of tonight, but I'm off tomorrow, so that may help it's passage. So until misery strikes then...

...however, I've just watched this weeks 'House' and would like to make a comment. Firstly, the shows heavy handed symbolism continues to be appreciated, by me at least. The family that couldn't enjoy being together, versus the two potential
families that weren't exactly sure of what they wanted. If House starts to analyse what makes him a bastard, the balloon will surely be pricked, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! Sexual tension should never ever be resolved in a TV show, so I was dismayed with the closing scene. Hint away but concrete proof? is that what we want? And what of Cuddys' real motives? is it a child or the adoration she craves? She obviously can't get it from House, or can she (of course she can't).




“Music that gentler on the spirit lies- Than tired eyelids upon tired eyes” - Tennyson




No comments: