Friday 31 October 2008

“An idea, like a ghost, must be spoken to a little before it will explain itself.”
- Charles Dickens

"I'm so hard to handle
I'm selfish and I'm sad
Now I've gone and lost the best baby
That I ever had"


I think it was only yesterday when I said I wasn't going to post for a long time. And now I seem to be posting twice a day, still completely inconsequential though, at least usually. I suppose I just need an outlet, It goes without saying (why say it then? - shut up) that I miss Barbara, and one thing (amongst thousands) I miss is being able to tell her all the minutiae of my life, and for her to genuinely care, and vice versa, of course (whoa there boy , reign it in!).

In mudane news, My local Aldi has been expanded and re-opened yesterday (by local I mean about 100m). This isn't really that interesting except it's possibly a symptom of the global economy collapsing. Budget shops like Aldi, Netto and Lidl (and my beloved Home Bargains) are booming because they can still offer food at (relatively) reasonable prices. Which makes me ponder why am I not thinner? Food (and living in general) is so pricey I should be well on my way to skinny. After all it seems my major food group is red wine, at least that's the impression I give here.

Happy Halloween I suppose...



(I discovered a "Rhythm is gonna get you vinyl 12" the other day, sadly the video for that wasn't as super 80s as this one)

"Electric communication will never be a substitute for the face of someone who with their soul encourages another person to be brave and true." - Charles Dickens


No comments: