Monday 13 October 2008

"I could deny it if I liked. I could deny anything if I liked."

"But now they only block the sun,
They rain and snow on everyone
,
So many things I would have done,
But clouds got in my way"

What have I been up to?
Precisely nothing.

Obviously that can't be entirely true, as I still have a day to day life, and I eat , wash, and exist (kind of) , but it's nice to start off with a bold statement isn't it!
I've reached that point in my holiday where you suddenly realise that it was all wasted , and all the things you could have been doing (e.g. painting
- both types, writing sad poetry, housework, watching classic movies, getting drunk - etc) pop into your head.
To be completely honest I have been slightly drunk once or twice , most recently was in my Glaswegian hotel room last week. I experienced wh
at I imagine is the loneliness of the travelling salesman. But it was a pleasant to have a spotless and well maintained room spinning around me for a change . (That was a joke - see what I did there?)
I have also been mastering advanced self pity (I was already quite the expert) - Now I am the master!

(I did watch the entire second season of "30 Rock" yesterday - which cheered me up no end. Tina Fey is a genius, but I worry that her Sarah Palin skits may actually be popularising that 'woman'!)

I just noticed I'm number 7 in the top listeners on last.fm for - Gloria Estefan ! That's like in the entire world man - Now how did that happen? (as if I
didn't know!)
Sorry I have opened some wine (although I'm not sorry for that!) and of course I'm beginning to ramble.....




"What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde


Well, congratulations to Shirley Manson I suppose, getting married again. Although I can't imagine why anyone would want to try it a second time!

No comments: