Thursday 16 October 2008

“She was a blonde. The kind of blonde that would make a bishop kick a hole in a stained glass window”
- Raymond Chandler

"Please don't wake me, no, don't shake me,
Leave me where I am, I'm only sleeping."


Everything seems quite pointless this morning. Caught between dreading going to work tomorrow, and dwelling on a faded past.
Speaking of which, I started to get a bit too confessional last night, which I usually avoid, (the wine may have had a small influence on this), I'd thought these feelings got better with time, but they've actually been getting worse! (was that suitably vague for you? cowering future self?)



"Never put anything on paper, my boy, and never trust a man with a small black moustache" - P.G. Wodehouse






(that's a picture I took in Glasgow by the way, not some Dr.Who reference, there are four left, and you can see the original red colour where the paint is peeling, if you click on it it's much clearer. Did you know that Glasgow had the first (hexagonal) boxes in the late 19th century, but [and here's the point you long winded fool] Sunderland had the first city wide (wooden) boxes in 1923 - that was almost interesting, careful now!)

No comments: