Wednesday 15 October 2008

"A witty saying proves nothing"
- Voltaire

"There is no way to say it all
Play it again and say it all
I said a little
The rest is a riddle
"


Blimey - how did it happen? what seems like just a few seconds ago , I had almost three weeks off in front of me, and now it's gone. One good thing was that those two weeks were part of my month of nights, so from Friday I only have to work seven (yes seven!) in a row and I'm done until next year (subdued yippee).

I couldn't sleep last night, so I got up and watched some television
(namely Dexter and Life, two of the best shows on TV at the moment, and
Smallville , which is like a wounded animal dying in front of you, I really hope this is the last season, In truth I only watch it because
a - I always have
b - to look at the fine, fine British Columbian landscape).


I finally got to sleep around 6am, good practice for night shift I suppose , but I do hope it was an isolated episode, I've put all that 4am misery behind me (or so he thought - maniacal laugh...)

I bought an excellent new book of quotes today, The Q.I. book of Advanced Banter, not the sort of book you can pick up and read, but excellent source material for me, I do hope there is a good section on stupidity! I still feel like I've had half of myself amputated (in a spiritual not physical sense , nitpickers) and frankly I hope this feeling doesn't go away for a very long time, being reminded of lost happiness is never a completely bad thing is it? In all honesty, I've never felt such a strong and complete connection to another human being (yes it is the wine speaking - so what?).




I usually have quotes that have a vague (sometimes very vague) relationship with what I am 'talking' about, but today I have picked two at random from my lovely new book, isn't that nice? Aren't I an idiot? Is that even a sentence?

"If we'd stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time" - Edith Wharton

No comments: