Friday 3 October 2008

“You may forget what they said, but you will never forget how they made you feel.”

"Stranger things have been, stranger things have gone,
I find it hard right now to name you one
"



I've written some really good blog entries.
Sadly none of them ever appeared here.

Usually I'm walking home from work, strolling through town, or cleaning a commode, when maybe a well worded phrase or a sarcastic train of thought will strike.
"Oh that's good!", "nice and vitriolic!" or "insightful!", are some of the things I probably could say to myself when such golden nuggets surface, but when later I sit down in front of the computer to recall these gems, they are usually gone, or at very best , half remembered.
Ever had someone try and describe a dream to you? It's usually a pretty boring experience isn't it (go on admit it), even though the dreamer might be left with some strong emotion or vivid memories. Likewise when I try and extrude something onto this virtual page, it is usually very dull and anaemic.
I have made a lifetime commitment to making a very little talent go a very long way.

I was a little shocked to see that comment from Barbara earlier today. My heart was in my mouth when It popped up in my e-mail. I thought long and hard about even replying, never mind wgat to actually say. I spent a long time working out some thoughts in my head, to go here later in the day.

Off course, as detailed above ,they have vanished "like tears in the rain".
Only the feelings remain, pain and regret.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a Human idiot.


This was a lucky find ! We were actually there!



“I've a grand memory for forgetting.” - Robert Louis Stevenson







No comments: