Monday 27 October 2008

“The function of posterity is to look after itself”
- Dylan Thomas

"There's a battle ahead,
many battles are lost
,
But you'll never see the end of the road,
While you're traveling with me"

Somewhere deep down the logic must have went thus:
Last night off 'til Friday? = get drunk! (what again) = conscious mind opens another bottle of wine!
So what else have I got to do?
I watched a movie (very so so) then for some reason spent an hour or two listening to vinyl! (kids, go ask your Mother) whilst lying on the floor (it seemed to make sense at the time!). Some of the records I forgot I even had (Steely Dan, Donald Fagen, Animal Kwackers!!!!) plus I discovered a nice Blue Nile print, hidden away inside a 12" Single (remember them?) The Blue Nile produces instant sadness in me now (a la Pavlovian response) I'm not being flippant, it really is so, Blue Nile = Melancholy, but the type you don't want to forget .
Where was I ? Oh yes Vinyl! or should I say super sad time capsule '80-'88, (when I finally gave in to Cd's and bought my first player, a £200 Kenwood - V flash at the time).

I feel sad - but it's my own fault, where's the hair shirt.... (last.fm viewers may notice a slight 80's bias for the next few hours) Life? what life?



“I've just had eighteen straight whiskies. I think that's the record.” - That Welshman again



No comments: