Sunday 5 October 2008

“A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal.”
- Oscar Wilde


"This is the coastal town
That they forgot to close down"


I really don't like Sundays (I'm sure I've said this before - forgive me). I can't really tell you why. It somehow makes the isolated more isolated, and it has always been the most directionless of days (I'm sure many of a religious nature would disagree).
My daughter has been staying for a few days, whilst her Mother is in Poland (go figure). I've mostly been ferrying her from her meals to her friends houses and vice versa. I don't take this at all personally, she's twelve, and friends are surely more exciting than parents.

Sometimes (i.e. all the time) I wish I had been more honest in this blog. I don't mean to suggest I've been lying at any time (except possibly unintentionally by omission), just that there are many (but mainly one) topics I really wanted to dissect, analyse and generally ruminate over.
Surely this would be the perfect outlet (as my family must surely be very weary of my constant wailing, 'if onlys' and 'what ifs').
Logically, I know that a web page these days is very anonymous, after all the best place to hide a tree is in a forest, but another more neurotic part of me sees it as leaving your diary open at the best parts, for all to see. Luckily there is usually a hint of my state of mind, enough to jog my memory, when needed.

I could go on, and probably will, but for now I must get back to not enjoying Sunday afternoon.



“Cynicism is the only form in which base souls approach honesty.” - Friedrich Nietzsche



No comments: