Monday 16 April 2007

“Hermits have no peer pressure.”

Now living in a terraced house I can't listen to loud music like I used to (or rock the house with some serious sub-woofer action, like the start of saving Private Ryan, or the lobby scene in The Matrix). Headphones, whilst OK, just don't have the same visceral pleasure - dance music needs to be felt as well as heard.
That means my last refuge for aural pleasure (ooh er) is the car! (Shame I walk to work then). I love listening to loud music in my little car (which rather embarrassingly I call "Shirley") and in a reversal of usual roles, my daughter , Billie, is always telling me to turn down the volume .
Getting all dewy eyed for a second, I used to adore nightclubs. Feeling the bass in the chest (rather akin to 70's cinema sensurround - which like everything in that decade was rather over the top, and every explosion hurt!). My heyday (mid 80's) was the time of high NRG. Oh those Bobby Orlando 12" singles that went on for ever - Wallows in nostalgia for a moment.

Right I'm off to listen to some German industrial techno music in a lay by - "honest officer that's all I was doing!"

In even more trivial news - what's happened to Beef Discos (for non UK readers, that's a crisp/chip, as opposed to a Gay Club) they used to be bloody delicious! non they've gone low fat they taste all "vinegary" - give me back my fat and taste, crisp making dudes!

“Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.” - Steven Wright

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a busy busy mind you appear to have Billy...like entropy, (I think that's word). So your internal jukebox is fixed in the '80's? Maybe your daughter can give it a good kick so it moves into the new millenium stocked with sampling music and really good memories. The neighbors tolerate my music noise volume I think mostly because they know it's mine, and they seem a little shy to take me up on it aggressively...either that or they really love what I'm spinning...

Have a good day Billy, you're an entertaining read.