Wednesday 25 April 2007

"So, do you live around here often?"

One of my myspace friends (grammar?) - hello Chilli! - posted a blog entry about speed dating.

This got me a thinking! Blimey it's nearly three years since I had any kind of relationship, and as I've often said , I'm bloody lonely. I didn't really know what speed dating was about, but after 30 seconds research, maybe it wouldn't be that bad?


Who am I kidding?


Firstly you cannot go speed dating alone, however much of an oxymoron that sounds. Women would not want to date anyone with no friends, would they? after all serial and spree killers are always described as "loners" (rather than lonely - nit pickers) and since I really am the original "Billy no mates" that puts me already behind all the other runners. Secondly, my social skills are rusty beyond the realms of any metaphorical WD40. You apparently get 3 minutes to make an impression, and I would probably either lapse into Hugh Grant style "ummmmery", or come out with some inappropriate (though probably quite funny)sarcastic comment.

Finally I haven't got a thing to wear (that was a joke by the way).

But I must do something, and soon, what do you think imaginary friend?


“People are far more sincere and good-humored at speeding their parting guests than on meeting them” - Chekov (the playwright not the bogus Star Trek Russian geezer)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if only spice uk had a branch around here ...i'm sure one of their nights would suit you.

I've always fancied the walking with llamas day.