Friday 20 April 2007

"Somebody turn on the light, Were gonna have a party, Its starting tonight!"

My bedroom is in a roof dormer, so I essentially have a flat roof over me. Today (the third episode I think) I was rudely awakened by what sounded like tap dancing above me, then footsteps running from corner to corner? An early visit from Santa? anyway pretty freaky in a semiconscious state!! The first time this happened I was obviously quite surprised, now it is just an annoyance, it's always between 5 and 8am. (My guess is it's seagulls, I only live about a mile from the sea - pesky devils!!!)

"Oh would you just shut up? You're rats with wings." - from finding Nemo



(by the way that dreadful title is obviously from "dancing on the ceiling", awful, but apt)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, i thought you were actually going to have a party there !

One new year my mother stayed in an old house, in an ancient bed, and couldnt sleep a wink all night for seagulls outside the window. turned out what she thought was the distant seagull calls were ctually the faint squeaks of this ancient bed as she breathed !

not really relevant, but i thought i'd share it with you and your other reader !