Tuesday 27 February 2007

"As far as I'm concerned, there won't be a Beatles reunion as long as John Lennon remains dead.”

Hello (koff.. koff..) being stuck at home for a couple of days makes a dull life duller. However I thought I'd better post, before I lose the habit.
I bought a new reclining computer chair last week, as I unexpectedly had some spare cash. All this means however is now I can fall asleep in front of the pc, but now in slightly more comfort.

(ever notice that when women are ill it's an inconvenience, but when men are ill it's the end of the world ! - I was going to say Götterdämmerung or Ragnarök but that would have been pretentious - chuckle)

What is it that defines us?
Is it where we live? what we wear? what we read? what we listen to (both opinions and music)? what comes out of our mouths? Am I the same person as when I lived in a different house and wore different clothes? Blimey, I've gone all existential, it seems , but meaning is a construction of the mind - Hang on , where's this going ? - get back to the other stuff. (OK)

I'm dreading returning to work, I've got that last day of the summer holidays feeling , plus all the tension there, and I've got a single night shift this week (it was a deal maker weeks ago with my Ward Sister so I could get these days off - bah!) and I hate night shift!

(Plus no Billie as my "ex-wife" is on holiday - good time to be unwell I suppose. hey! I'm on the verge of deleting this whole post, as it's just moany whining, but what the hell?)

(don't you love it in movies where a single press of the delete button scraps a whole message?)

Today's Quote:

"All generalizations are false, including this one.” Mark Twain

Todays post is brought to you by fevered mind productions.

No comments: