Sunday 18 February 2007

The pretty nurse is selling poppies from a tray

Good evening ladies and gentlemen... Tonights post is brought to you by the letters R and W (as in red wine)

(I know that pictures bloody awful but it sort of fits in with my"heroic" nurse theme)

I have just arrived home from one of those awful shifts, that only other nurses understand.The kind of shift with 10 coats of fresh shit. The day began well with an arrest (actually a burst aneurysm) that ended as badly as an arrest can. Then it got worse.
If you are a nurse you'll know exactly what I mean, solidarity Sisters and Brothers! , if you're not, why man you don't know what you are missing - the lure of long hours dealing with shit of both the literal and metaphorical varieties, for little pay - irresistible !!!
The sort of shift where you should leave in slow motion with an Aerosmith power ballad playing over you as the titles roll (preferably in a John Mclane style vest - just me eh?), but in actuality you slope out an hour late unoticed, to an empty changing room (oh scene of my shame - {The more things a man is ashamed of, the more respectable he is. - George Bernard Shaw})

Well when you combine that with my already well documented bad mood from yesterday, plus a couple of other stinkeroonies equals one stressed Billy. When you can't get what you want from life a bottle of wine will help pass the time (obviously I would never give my pancreatitis patients that advice.)


I leave you with three wonderful quotes from Benjamin Franklin (I love a good quote don't you?) , the last of which sums me up to a tee :



“Anger is never without a reason, but seldom with a good one”

“Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.”

"Some people die at 25 and aren't buried until 75.”

No comments: