Monday 19 February 2007

I hope I die before I get old

Hello. How does this day find me? Well less stressed I suppose - but bored to distraction B.O.R.E.D. ...!

I've been shopping, and I popped into our local pawn shop / 2nd hand shop thingamajig. Whilst looking at the CDs I noticed a big pile had been deposited, obviously just put out by the frightening chav lads that work in such places. Sadly looking through them they were obviously part of someones beloved collection as they had a similar theme (late 70s mod revival and ska stuff, plus a few 60s classics, you get the picture). I pondered if some poor 40 something guy has got in to find his CD collection stolen ("phew they missed me signed Leslie Ash picture!" he says) only for it to end up sold for pennies, or did he fall on hard times and voluntarily sell them? Sad either way. And me ( hang on this isn't some metaphor for my sad and lonely life - cheeky!) I bought The Doors on DVD. (You really expected me to say I was that soldier didn't you?)

looks like my new thing is to end on a quote :

“Be good and you will be lonely”

(Mark Twain)

More News in our late Bulletin.

p.s. Oh it looks like the great masses will all become "sixties freaks" with the release of "factory girl" soon, if the tabloids can be believed ( like yeah.. ). I'm sure it'll amount to nothing more than a few pinafore dresses in top shop, Mary Janes ( I love 'em), and lots more eye make up for a few months, lets hope so, eh true believers?
(here's the Man himself with the real Edie Sedgwick)

No comments: