Friday 2 February 2007

"One final thing I have to do . . . and then I'll be free of the past"

mmmm... I was about to launch into some introspective rant about how sad I am (boo hoo) etc.
But instead I really should look on the positive side:

Right what are my good points?
I'm a fairly interesting kind of guy. I have some opinions, not many mind, but enough. I'm open minded, I see both sides, I have a quick wit (given the right sparring partner) I have good taste (Vertigo is my favourite film, I love The Beatles, and I hate ignorance and reality TV), I am a bit snobby, just enough mind.
I am OK looking, I'm long past my prime of course , but I'm not repugnant. I'm six foot two, I'm sensitive and empathic, and apparently I can be quite thoughtful given the chance. I watch House MD, and understand the medical terms. I enjoy kitsch, I laugh out loud at Carry On films, I cry at sad movies ( see Shawshank Redemption post lol). I'm actually looking forward to John Travolta in the hairspray remake , I make valentines cards, and I'm good with a pen and a pencil ( see : wit!).
I contemplate the universe, but I can be shallow, very shallow. I enjoy shopping, and I feel at ease in Marks and Spencer's (even the ladies underwear section !)
I like musicals, I know the words to West Side Story, I like ABBA and the MC5, Jefferson Airplane and Starship ! (ok well maybe only as a gulity pleasure!)

I know when to shut up , and when to listen. I care about others (I'm a bloody Nurse!) I don't suffer fools, Ned's are my enemy! I'm fantastically sarcastic. I know stuff! (useless stuff but fun stuff), I would like to drive a Thundertank or a Batmobile (rather than my Fiat Panda).

The negative side:
I'm also moody, a "little" paranoid, self destructive, a procrastinator, and I'm fantastically sarcastic ( that can be good and bad- see).


Well that was cathartic (if very self centred). I think I'm going to go away for a while to try and get some perspective.
( Oh... and Claire, should you read this :
a) you look completely fabulous in your new photo
b) Sorry for being a grumpy bastard
c) you look completely fabulous in your new photo )
an aside - You know I went to San Francisco twice whilst married and my ex wife wouldn't even consider a Vertigo Tour - talk about a wasted opportunity!

No comments: