Monday 26 February 2007

“While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.”

I am unwell - the body at least ( the mind is always on a knife edge), hence no post yesterday. All I could manage today was to watch TV and mess around with my myspace profile (now I just need some friends!), so actually a pretty normal day!

I was at work yesterday and each day the mood worsens.
Sickness is always higher when stress is up , so we must have a lot of stressed staff. It's like a scene from Beau Geste, with me propping up the bodies of fallen comrades, to give our enemies (Bed Managers, Matrons, A/E, and GP's) the impression of strength. I even had the Matrons bleep for three bloomin' days in a row! Me! the man who can barely organize his way out of bed in morning, never mind have the fate of a whole surgical department in his hands!

I'm tired - I wonder who will triumph tonight, my illness, my insomnia, or my dark mood, Lordy! I could do with some sleep.

I leave you with a mighty fine quote:

“There are only two people who can tell you the truth about yourself - an enemy who has lost his temper and a friend who loves you dearly.” Antisthenes

(and btw the title is another Mark Twain quote)



No comments: