Saturday 12 May 2007

“Death where is thy sting? Love, where is thy glory?”

Death - I've seen a lot of it! I don't want to go into a lot of detail for confidentiality reasons but here it is. We have a patient admitted yesterday with abdominal pain, CT scan shows he has something very bad. The problem is he is very old and has short term memory loss - so you see he will constantly forget his diagnosis, and have to go through the horror of hearing it for the first time again and again - tragic!



I may have mentioned my bout of severe depression a few years ago - I spent several weeks, close to suicide. Once in a daze, I stepped out in front of a car, and was technically knocked over I suppose. I vividly remember thinking "I don't care" - I hope I never go there again!

On a lighter note I just watched Carry on Cleo - Marvellous!
a
“On a large enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.” - Chuck Palahnuik (author of Fight Club et al)





No comments: