Thursday 3 May 2007

"I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart."


Something new tonight - I'm drinking a bottle of beer! Lovely Taiwan Beer from me favourite shop - Home Bargains! (only available in Northern England !) Strangely, beer intoxicates me much quicker than wine , maybe the gas transports the alcohol more efficiently in the bloodstream, maybe I'm an idiot!
The dreaded 13 hour shift tomorrow, and Fridays are notoriously busy - bring it on! (eek)

(one hour later) Just had a phone call from my Ex-Wife (as dictated through my daughter!) asking me to print out some coupons for my Daughters Birthday party at the MetroCentre tomorrow, as their printer had malfunctioned. I don't mind really, but I could hear her in the background barking orders, and getting very angry - so nothings changed! She wanted me to go round and drop them through the letter box (since I am not allowed to go inside!), but I've had my beer, and I'm in my dressing gown and nothing else (the horror, the horror), so she eventually agreed to drive round here herself and get them. Gets Billie and her friends into Metroland (indoor theme park thing) half price, and 20% off at Big Luke's as much as you can stuff buffet, so I suppose it saved me some money indirectly).

Bother - now I've forgotten what I was originally going to say!

"At the all-you-can-eat barbecue, you have to pay the regular dinner price if you eat less than you can" - Steven Wright




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When teenagers, my good friend Janet and I discovered that "watering" wine down with lemonade resulted in getting tipsy faster.... such heathens we were...but we were from Rothbury, so that is some excuse....mind numbingly boring is Rothbury.